Have you noticed how when you're stressed, the only solution out there seems to be meditation? Don't get me wrong, I love meditation as much as the next turmeric latte lover... but sometimes we need strategies to sort the causes of stress out. For every person I know who finds meditation enough, there's another who says "I meditate but I'm still so stressed" or "I just can't bring myself to meditate - what else can I do?" It's ok - I've got your back! I believe that the key to stress management is to live as though you meditate - whether you do or not.
Trouble is, most of us don't know quite where to begin with that. We hear things like "Look after yourself", or "let it go" or "you have to love your self first". But how the heck do we actually DO these things?
If stress is a struggle for you, you may relate to some of these:
- Some of your relationships are caught in an unhealthy loop, with toxic dynamics or feeling triggered
- When things go wrong, your mind and emotions quickly spiral into full-blown stress, making the problem feel overwhelming
- Sometimes overwhelming emotions come up, and you don't have a way to process them, instead trying to push them away by distracting yourself
- You want to build a happy life but your day to day habits don't support that, and neither does your environment
If this sounds like your life, you can still create a way of living that feels as peaceful and flowing as a meditation practice. Transformation of your current experience from stress to self care is just a few clicks away.
So what does it mean to approach life as a meditation? Imagine the following -
- You feel at peace within your relationships and interactions. They don't drain you, you remain calm even when an old relationship trigger occurs, and you no longer participate in drama, manipulation or other forms of relationship stress
- Whatever is happening around you, your thoughts are constructive and clear
- When the difficult emotions come up, you process them and let them go
- Your habits and environment all support your happiness and peace
- You feel positivity and gratitude towards your body, no matter your health status or appearance
- Your spiritual practice supports your continued growth and happiness
The strategies in this workbook are incredibly practical tools picked up from a wealth of study and experience. Why would you trust me? I guess I'd better introduce myself!
I'm Kathleen Robb. I trained as an Occupational Therapist and worked for years in the public mental health system. I loved helping people in all different situations - mental illness, homelessness, chronic illnesses - deal with the stress in their lives in the most effective and constructive ways possible. Later I did further studies in Solution - Focused Therapy which suit my "show me the results" brain. I also draw from my woo woo side as a Reiki practitioner, natural medicine student, seeker of spiritual wisdom from across cultures and advocate of simplicity and mindfulness; and share my own experiences of dealing with my stress too.
I am so excited to share this simple and practical workbook with you. It is my passionate belief that the amazing tools for developing a peaceful and joyful way of life needn't be available just to the research nerds like me. We can all benefit! My heartfelt wish is that you snap up this book with all its strategies and apply them with transformative effect today.
Don't postpone your peace. Think of what you can gain with a peaceful approach to your life. There's no time like the present!