A few things about me:
* I decided to get serious about weight loss when I was diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in October 2018. Since then I have lost 23kg and reversed this diagnosis.
* I brought together a blend of knowledge of psychology and habit (from my qualification and work as an Occupational Therapist) with robust reading and research (inspired by being a student of natural medicine) into the weight loss strategies that actually get permanent results
* I have been published in Elephant Journal and Healthy Intent magazine (available by subscription only)
* When I mentor women in their weight loss, I believe in empowering you to have the knowledge and all the benefits of my research and training and experience, combined with strategies to make habits stick, manage your mindset and understand and transform the underlying barriers to weight loss
* I LOVE researching the best of natural health and science, and I understand we are more than our bodies - we must also nurture our minds, hearts and spirits to make it all work together. Yep, half health research nerd, half woo woo wise woman. I have a foot in both camps and embrace the whole human experience.
* I see stress and overweight as two of the biggest health challenges of our time. These are both underlying causes and exacerbating factors for most chronic health conditions. That's why it's so important to take care of these aspects of our wellbeing.
What people are saying
As a result of working with Kath I know what to do to help myself. I liked that she asked me what ideas I liked so she helped me as an individual not just another number. Working with Kath is like being taken on a journey with a gentle and knowledgeable guide, who will help you to navigate the right tools back to the road you are meant to be on. Kathleen has the ability to help you feel grounded and settled in your own skin.
Karen Humphries - https://www.karenhumphries.com.au/
I was hesitant because I have sought help from many but have remained stuck, so I wondered if I'd get a result. As a result of working with Kath I gained focus and clarity. I liked her grounded and connected approach. She has a sense of calm that instills confidence. Don't hesitate - Kathleen is amazing at helping you get grounded and clear, as well as providing tools to ease anxiety and stress. Kathleen supports you to feel confident"
Amanda Starr - https://www.amandastarr.com/
It was very inspiring learning from Kath and I felt safe, which meant I was able to share a lot more of myself than I normally would. This enabled many discoveries to be made and I was very touched at how she was able to articulate solutions that just resonated so strongly with me. Kath's intuition and knowledge/resourcefulness is astounding. Because I trusted and admired her, I felt I was more open to truly hearing what she was saying. This never really happens for me. So I am ever grateful for all of it but especially having finally found a proper female mentor.
Lynda S - teacher
These days my life is simple and full. I live in a village at the edge of a forest with my husband, daughter and 2 mischievous rescue dogs. But it wasn't always this way.
Fifteen years ago I had to run away from my relationship, living on friends' couches with not a single dollar in the bank - my ex had spent it all. The day I left I turned a corner . I didn't become an overnight success story! But I began having boundaries. And listening to myself. And relying on my own resources.
Other spiritual storms have crossed my path. I had 3 miscarriages, had stress at work (who doesn't?!) and not all my friendships were as strong as I'd thought.
And from here I learnt to pick myself up, to fulfil my own needs and to create a life that nurtured me from within. And my dream came true and I became a mum.
But I wasn't off the hook! In October 2018 I was diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. I knew I had to make changes - and I knew that if I was going to make these changes they'd better work! So I researched what REALLY works for weight loss - and how to get it to stick.
And sure enough, I dropped 23kg. That's what lit me up - I need to make sure other women know how to heal their weight AND claim their worth at the same time. I want to not only disrupt but end the diet industry for good.
It's my mission to help women drop their excess weight permanently, while embracing who they are and healing their relationships to their bodies and to food. It's my mission to create a world where women know their worth.